Out of Hours Emergencies
Between 18:00 and 08:00 Monday to Friday, and 18:00 Friday to 08:00 Monday, the surgery is closed.
In order to obtain medical advice at these times, please call NHS 24 on 111
- This service is for emergencies
- It should not be used instead of a day time appointment
- All calls are monitored and will be reviewed by our Doctors
- Remember the Out of Hours Service is for urgent problems only. Please do not contact the service for a second opinion or for anything which can wait until the next working day.
A receptionist in the emergency call centre will answer your call and either:
- Arrange advice from a doctor or nurse
- Invite you to attend the centre to be seen by a doctor
- Arrange a home visit if you are too ill to visit the centre.
Transport to and from the centre is available if you cannot arrange this yourself. Please take a leaflet for further details from reception. Out of hours cover is now the responsibility of GG & CNHSB.
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.